02 March 2011

Favorite Inexpensive Makeup Brushes


I often comparison shop; this is essential when living within a budget. I ask myself- "Should I buy this item for $50.00, or can I get those two (less expensive) items for the same price?"- this is a constant question.


Makeup can be pretty expensive, but regardless it is essential to have the right tools. Cosmetic brushes are pretty pricey; name brand makeup artistry brushes can range from $15.00 per brush to over $40.00. When needing a full arsenal, or basic set- you do the math.

In the process of building my makeup kit, I've learned to be practical. It's always great to find items that can be used for multiple purposes.

It isn't always necessary to spend so much money on one particular item, unless it's that good. I've heard that MAC brushes are terrific. Personally, I wouldn't dare spend $28.00 for one brush- it would have to be pretty miraculous. I've learned that it is possible to find quality brushes- you just have to know where to look.

I have read of people using basic paint brushes from Michael's arts and crafts store as makeup brushes.

I have been fortunate to use brushes from Bare Minerals, Smashbox, Benefit Cosmetics, Urban Decay, and Too Faced- which are all great. I do have my favorites, which are mainly from Smashbox. Below are some inexpensive alternatives.


Favorite Brushes...

1.) e.l.f. 11 Piece Brush Collection (shown above)
     Price: $30.00
     Available at http://www.eyeslipsface.com

These brushes are soft, yet durable. They are synthetic, so they won't hold a considerable amount of bacteria compared to animal hair bristles- just as long as the brushes are cleaned regularly.
I LOVE the price. You can purchase this set for $30.00 or purchase separately for $3.00 each.



The regular e.l.f. brushes are good, but their Studio brushes are better.







2.) e.l.f. Mineral Brushes

They recently launched their Mineral Bamboo brushes, which retail for $5.00 each. These are made of taklon, which is said to be extremely soft, antibacterial, and 100% cruelty free.


  

3.) EcoTools Cosmetic Brush Set
     Price: $11.99- $16.99
     http://www.parispresents.com

This set includes a blush brush, concealer brush, eyeliner brush, lash/ brow brush, and a cosmetic case.
You can find this brand at various retailers, including ULTA, Walgreens, Wal-Mart, and Amazon.com.






4.) Studio Basics
     Price: Varies; Usually $2.99- $9.99+ (depending on retailer)

Studio Basics and EcoTools are both made by the same company- Paris Presents. Studio Basics brushes are pretty effective, depending on which brush is needed for certain applications.

I like the bronzer brush. You can use this for the face and body. It's also great for medium to full coverage powder or mineral makeup application.


No comments:

Post a Comment

shareaholic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...