12 July 2011

Handmade Feather Earrings!

In my endeavor to harness my creativity (which I need to implement more), I decided to start off making something not too difficult. I've learned that it's best to gradually build on, than tackle something strenuous because my patience isn't always the best- if something is too challenging I'll either stop what I'm doing or procrastinate. In any case I usually procrastinate.

I do realize that feather earrings have been around for a few years, but they are hard to find unless you know the right spots to shop depending on the city. If I happen to find any, they're either too small, or just bland. So I found a solution- making the earrings myself!


I picked up some feathers from Hancock Fabrics and some earring and jewelry components. I bought some items from Wal-Mart's craft section, but you can also check Michael's. Earring components, especially for sensitive ears, can be a bit trickier to find. When I went to one store they were sold out, so I had to shop around. You'll also need jewelry making tools- pliers, crimps, etc.

Check out the earrings!


No comments:

Post a Comment

shareaholic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...