12 October 2011

Latest Craft: Mineral Eyeshadows

I know it's been a while since I've posted, but I've been working hard. I decided to start making cosmetics- mainly eyeshadows, partly because I work around it, and I just wanted to see what would happen. This has definitely been a challenge, even though I have not dedicated as much time as I would like to my new endeavor.

So, what does making cosmetics entail:

1.) Research- You need to research which ingredients you want to use. Formulating cosmetics, or anything for that matter is challenging, but the simpler the ingredients the better.

2.) Have a concept- What products do you want to carry or make? You need to determine what are the key features of your products.


3.) Actually making the product- Since I use basic ingredients, I have to grind everything together quite a bit. I've had to play around with colors, mixing until I get a certain shade. I've ended up with shades that I didn't like, but it's trial and error. Having a color wheel is vital in understanding color theory.

4.) The details- This includes price points, marketing, packaging, etc. I'm still determining this, so bare with me.

In the mean time, I'll leave you with some pictures.

**UPDATE** (10/19/2011) I just released my eyeshadows, for which I am ecstatic about! You can view them here.

Peacock

Koko

Cinnamon

I'll post more developments as soon as I can. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

shareaholic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...